Vanadium Redox-Flow Battery
In cooperation with Fraunhofer UMSICHT, CMS Green Energy is currently conducting research to develop a Vanadium redox-flow battery.
The redox-flow technology can be used for a number of applications, e.g. to store electricity generated from renewable energies or for uninterruptable power supply (UPS).
- Long-lasting: High cycling stability (over 10,000 charging cycles) and few wearing parts ensure low maintenance and a long service life of 20 years
- 100% usability: The redox-flow battery is deeply dischargeable and has low to zero self-discharge
- Robust: The redox-flow battery is short-circuit proof and there are no aging effects when fully discharged for a long time
- Sustainable: The redox-flow battery is not affected by the so called memory effect
- Flexibility: Battery capacity and storage capacity are scalable independently from each other
- Safety: There are no explosive or flammable materials included in the redox-flow battery
Should you be interested in our research and development activities, please contact us for further information.